fredag den 30. december 2011

Let's look back at 2011!

Hey Alle!!
I dette indlæg kigger jeg tilbage på 2011!
OBS: Dette indlæg bliver på engelsk!



2011 is very close to end, and 2012 is on its way.. I can't believe that a new year, 2012, is here! Let's look back on 2011, a year with changes. I couldn't imagine a better way to start 2011! Together I jumped into the new year with my very best friend Anne-Kirstine Lorentzen by my side! I started to realize that this was the year, where I was going to spend 10 months in the U.S., but I had no idea where yet. In february I went to New York City with my mom, dad, and Anne-Kirtstine, and it was like the best trip together with 3 of the most important people in my life! 2 things in 2011 changed my life completely; I graduated from Greve Privat School in June, and I moved to America!
 It was really weird, and hard to realize that I wouldn't come back to Greve Privat School after the summer. A school I went to the past 10 years, where I had most of my friends, and some fantastic people around me! The last day before the reading vacation was one of the best days in my life! I will never forget that day! It is such a special feeling to dress up and throw caramels after the other students, and then make fun of the teachers, then waterfights, and then party with the best class ever! It was so much fun, and definitely something I won't forget! I had the best class, 9.A, ever! I will never forget them! My life changed completely August 22, where I left my friends, my family, and Denmark for 10 months to fulfill my dream as an exchange student in USA! I changed my life in Greve, Denmark out with a whole new life in Nelson County, Virginia! I changed my Danish family out with my new American family, and I couldn't have asked for a better family than The Smith Family! Stuart, Betsy, Ben, Kaleigh, and Nana Beth chosed to open their home and hearts for me, and before I knew it, I had a new family! A family who takes care of me, and loves me. They are one of the biggest reasons to why I am able to live my fairytale, and they were definitely the 7 months of waiting worth! I have developed a VERY special bond with my host sister Kaleigh Smith! We act like sisters, and I see her as my own sister! We have been through a lot together, we can talk about anything, we trust each other, and we both know, that we can count on each other. I've always wanted a sister, and now I finally got one, and I couldn't have asked for a better sister than Kaleigh! I love her to death! Nelson County High School. What can I say? I have got some amazing friends, and to be honest. I don't know what to do without them. I can't imagine my life without them, and I have no clue what I am going to do, when I leave!   Rachel King, is one of my bestest friends at Nelson! I have 3 classes with her this semester, and I can't imagine not having one single class with her next semester! I can count on Rachel, and she can count on me! I can talk to her about anything, and we are having fun all the time! She's a very, very unique person to me, and I am so happy that she is a part of my life! Together, we have a dream; When Rachel graduates from Nelson in 2014, she is going to Denmark for one week to live with me, and then she, me, and my parents are going to Italy for 2 weeks - a country she always wanted to visit! I love Rachel to death!  
  Another girl, who has changed my life completely is Jessie Swink. I have Humanities with her, and I sit right in front of her in english, and she did not judge me at all! Without being mad, she was the one who helped me a lot in english, and every single time I asked for help, she was ready to help me.. no matter what! Jessie and I have the same opinions, and we just understand each other so well, and we can talk about anything without it being awkward at all! Our conversations are the best, and they are about.. everything! She always makes me smile! I love her so much, and I can't imagine one single day without her by my side!   Then we have Rebecca Anderson, a girl with the biggest heart ever! Rebecca is unique, she is so special! We can just sit and look at each other without saying anything and finally we'll just start laughing! I don't know what to do without Rebecca! She is such a brave girl, and I can count on her no matter what!   Breana Taylor is another girl who has a big impact on me! She is such a fantastic girl, and we always laugh when we are together! She can read me so well, and she has always been there for me! She makes me laugh and smile every singl day! Again, I don't know what to do without her! I just love her with all my heart!   Sonora Jamerson is just awesome! I always laugh and smile when I am around her, and we can just talk about everything! I am so happy, that she is a part of my life! I love her so much! 
Fiona Thatcher, Sarah Phillips, Audrey Somers, Austin Robertson, Ryan Tinder, Warren Wheaton, Dylan Tomlin, Sydney Ferguson, Amanda Armstrong, Juliet McConkey, Jesse Stowe, Ms. Taress, Mrs. Knight, Mrs. Castillo, Mrs. Goad, and a lot more have all made a big difference in my life this year, and they are all a part of my American Dream! All of these wonderful people have met me with such an open mind, and I couldn't have asked for a better place to spend my 10 months as an foreign exchange student! I have no idea what in the world I am going to do, when I have to leave!? They have truly made a difference in my life. I have learned so much from all of them, and I am so happy to have all of them in my life! I will never ever say goodbye to these people! I'll say see you again! No matter where we are in this world, they will always be with me.. in my heart! 
With all that said, I can't forget Laura O'Brien Gould, who lives in North Carolina! She tried everything to get me, and when I say everything, I mean everything!! I really appreciate what she did in order to get me! I love her so much! All the other exchange students from Explorius Denmarki have changed me too! New friendships are born, and I know I have some really good and long friendships in some of the students! At the same time, I can't forget my family, my friends, BK Ydun, and Greve Privat School back in Denmark! Without their support and love.. Who would I be? I am to thankful to have all these people in my life, who made my fairytale a reality!
Elisabeth Lenes, an exchange student in Montana from Norway, and my friend got in a snowmobile accident in November, and died! I couldn't nor wouldn't believe it! She and I shared everything! She was one of the first ones I talked with about high school, and we supported each other through the whole process, and we promised, that we were going to visit each other when we got home from USA! Elisabeth Lenes shared the same dream as me, and she will forever be in my heart! I love her, and I miss her so much! Rest in Peace, my Angel
How will 2012 be, and what will happen? I can only say, that 2012 will be a year with changes as well! I am going back to Denmark, and the chapter named "My American Fairytale" in my book will end, and a new chapter named "Zahles Gymnasium 2012-2015" will start! Overall, I am one happy girl, and I couldn't ask for more! Goodbye 2011, and hello 2012!!

OVER AND OUT
MIE 

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar